6.08.2008

My Own Summer Class

I usually spend my summer by enrolling in a Japanese language class that I really enjoy. I do this to rise up my level of speech but this summer seemed a little different for me.

I already got used in my summer routine that way but my parents can't afford it this time so I thought of a way on how to do the same thing without spending any. Eventually, I came up with a solution - 'self study'. Since I lack knowledge in Kanji characters, I began surfing the net (the no. 1 source) for reading materials. There I found an interesting site - http://www.kanjisite.com - where everything I need is compiled in one.

Seems to be my luck, I guess. Kanji characters contain 3 levels to master having Level 4 the easiest, and level 2 the hardest. I started at level 4 that contains 80 characters. It only took me 3 days to memorize because I know most of it already. I encountered it from watching animè, so don't EVER believe when someone tells you that watching animè will lead you no good! You might really never know.



Level 3 really made me loose myself when I began memorizing it. Double the characters on the easy level, the moderate one contains 165! Boy, I can't believe I'm doing this! Up to this day, I'm still going over it again and again even if I’ve memorized it, just to make sure. My friend once told me that the moment you stop doing something, little by little you’ll forget it. Then it just hit me, “so that’s why I’m used to ABCs, because I’m exposed to it, huh?” It’s the same thing in reading kanji and speaking Japanese. Since I’m not being surrounded by those characters and I don’t have anyone to share a Japanese conversation, I’ll easily forget it once I stop doing everything.

My next target is to finish the last level but knowing it contains 800 characters, I'll try to get it over this year. Well, that wraps it! Eventually, it met my objective. I didn't spend that much money, but I got scolded by my Mom from the tons of papers I used as scratch for writing 245 characters three times a day. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home